12/05/09 - Mountain Rescue
A casual-tea, one might say
Rode a mountain bike trail this weekend steeped in history. So long and so gnarly that even the locals are wary of its reputation; little wonder it’s called ‘The Beast of Brenin’.
It’s a 38km trail at the Coed y Brenin centre, right on the edge of Snowdonia. It involves a huge amount of climbing and rather a lot of descending. The highlight has to be the new version of the ‘Uncle Fester’ downhill. Drop-offs and open slate sections certainly focus the mind - I didn’t think about Google’s Quality score once whilst flying down!
The above picture was taken about 25kms into the ride and was very much a welcome rest-bite (excuse the pun) from a rather damp ride. I have ridden this trail six times now and only once has it not been raining.
I needed that banana cake like you wouldn’t believe.
Posted by: Richie Jones
- 16/06/13 - Digital Account Director
- 13/06/13 - Knockout! Angular! Backbone!
- 12/06/13 - Waze and means
- 17/05/13 - 'OK Glass. Do I look stupid?’
- 19/04/13 - Google @ Kings Cross
- 09/04/13 - Sail on
- 03/04/13 - Get connected
- 03/04/13 - The Landmark Trust’s new website
- 08/03/13 - Ecover - Message in our Bottle
- 04/03/13 - Incremental value of the cashback
- Yucca news (98)
- Industry (96)
- Weekly image (83)
- Search (82)
- Clients (76)
- Outdoors (66)
- Bristol (62)
- Google (60)
- Yucca social (54)
- New technology (53)